welcome

Have you ever gone walking through a forest and felt as though you saw a glimmer of something strange? Driving down the road and could have sworn that section of road should have lasted a few more seconds? Welcome to Twin Brooks, Washington. You won't find us on any map, nor can you just stumble across us whilst on a hike. To get here, you need magic. Now, don't get me wrong, quite a few of our little ol' town are “Normies,” but the rest-- myself included, mind you-- are anything but normal. But don't let that trouble you folk, alright?

Updates
  • May. 5 Please remember to join the discord it will be our main chat in the upcoming year and dropping premium Cbox.
  • May. 5 Time and Space threads will be closing the 25th of this month please try and finish threads in them before this time.
  • May. 5 Weather Widget has been added for some fun dynamics for the site, for anyone who wanted to know what the weather is like in TB. Widget did cause the screen to stretch a bit so we decided to stretch the updates this may change later.

Twin Brooks Weekly Forecast

Add Reply
New Poll

Art Is... Subjective (open)
 Posted on: May 2 2018, 03:02 PM
Rowan Beaumont \\
Half-men
S:3
L:3
G: 3
Satyr
Art Teacher
Creative
Awards: None

The arts festival was both exciting to be part of and infuriating. The people in this town wouldn’t know art if it hit them in the face, and Rowan was almost happy to oblige them. The nixie who set up her booth next to his was already almost sold out of her paintings. While, yes, they were quite good, they were all so painfully generic. Just water colors of the same scenes. He’d bought one that he felt was far more original than the others depicting a few of her race around their water source, lounging and playing. It had reminded him of classical works depicting Grecian ideas of nymphs but much more delicate in color and much less explicit in nature. He wasn’t likely to hang it in his home, but he did like supporting other artists. Even if they were clearly doing much better financially than he was. Had he known she would nearly be sold out by the halfway point of the day, he may have guarded his money more jealously… But it was far too late for that now.

Rowan leaned back in his metal fold-out chair his cloven hooves propped up on the table in front of him. He was careful not to move his feet too much so he wouldn’t risk accidentally knocking over one of the smaller sculptures displayed there. The larger pieces loomed behind him over his shoulder, twisting sharp shapes and curls. Some were metallic, sculpted from junk he’d collected while some were carved from wood or shaped from stone or clay.

A few of the sculptures sold earlier that morning. A heron composed of pipes and scrap metal and an abstract, whimsical looking. The rest, though, looked like they may be returning home with him. The crowd was starting to dwindle down, the only ones left sticking around more for the drinks and music than the art. Hopefully a few drunks would stagger by and purchase something in their alcohol fueled impulses. He could only hope.
PM
^
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 02:22 AM
Ryu Won Pi \\
Skinwalker
Skinwalker
Journalist
Odd

Spring had so many colors.

Like the world was a paint pallet that had been doused in water to make the colors bright and mix beautifully.

Their town was a water covered canvas.

Bare feet moved almost silently along the ground as Ryu walked along the colorful pathways between booths in the town square. Her bright green messenger bag swung with her long strides. The young skin walker being careful to only let the heels of her feet touch any thick cracks in the ground. The straw sun hat she had brought in case the light clouded sky decided to clear dangled against her back from where it was attached to a chin strap around her collar.

Ryu ignored any of the looks she may have received as she bounced along the ground her arms lifted in balance. Stupid. Not like they were normal comparably. Speaking of abnormal, Ryu froze one foot lifted into the air as she dropped her head to her back to look at a booth she had just passed.

Interesting.

Walking backwards the woman moved closer to the oddly shaped metal mass. It almost was alluring in its from. Sexy even. She liked it. Cocking her head she placed her hand on her chin and began tapping quickly.

"This one will do." Ryu nodded placing her hands on her hips. "How much?"
PM
^
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 11:04 AM
Rowan Beaumont \\
Half-men
Satyr
Art Teacher
Creative

Rowan’s eyes had drifted closed, warmed by the sun into a quiet doze. One eye cracked open at the sound of a voice. Then the other opened as he tried to make sense of what all he was seeing. A woman, yes, but a strange one. Was she not wearing shoes? Wasn’t she afraid of stepping on something harmful out here in the town square? Rowan himself didn’t wear shoes, either, but he had more of an excuse since he had hooves. He’d always wondered what it felt like to wear shoes, though.

There was something very odd and even a bit unnerving about the strange young woman in front of him. There was a feeling deep in his stomach that told him he should be afraid, or at the very least, wary of her. Rowan didn’t quite understand why, though. She looked harmless enough despite her oddities.

And he was willing to push aside any misgivings for the chance of making a little money. She was the first person to show interest in his art in several hours and he wasn’t about to let that moment slide.

Pulling his hooves off the table, Rowan righted himself in his seat. He looked over at the piece the woman was pointing to. “That one?” he asked with a slightly wary tone to his voice. The one she was pointing at wasn’t really all that good by his own accounts, but to each their own. Usually his work would run at pretty high prices, but since he didn’t consider that one all that great and no one in this town seemed to really know the value of art, he’d marked it all down significantly. That was the beauty of using stuff he found though. He still made a profit even if he didn’t sell the piece for much.

Rowan shrugged and bit the corner of his lip as he thought. “You willing to pay $600?” He glanced at the woman from the corner of his eye. Did she even have enough money? She looked almost like she could be homeless with her strange outfit and her bare feet. Then again, it could be a style choice. He did unironically wear cargo pants, so who was he to judge?
PM
^
 Posted on: May 7 2018, 06:49 PM
Ryu Won Pi \\
Skinwalker
Skinwalker
Journalist
Odd

Ryu hummed as she continued to study the piece, the metal was twisted beautifully. The Satyr was very talented, considering this was likely to be a tasty snack for him. Still the way it moved it would look beautiful on her toilet seat, when the light would hit it would shine brightly, though that would require her to move it every so often. Maybe she should look for a better spot.

Maybe the fridge.

Cocking her head the woman frowned at the price. That price just didn't work. Was this man joking? Maybe he thought because she was a woman, she didn't know no better. Turning around the skin walker took strands of her hair and tired them under nose before turning back to the man with her hands on her hips.

"I will go no lower than eight hundred dollars sir! How dare you try and trick me!" Ryu said deeply as she pointed at the piece careful not to touch it. "I don't think you realize how much I need this."

There! Now he knew she meant business.
PM
^
 Posted on: May 9 2018, 03:01 PM
Rowan Beaumont \\
Half-men
Satyr
Art Teacher
Creative

“Trick? I’m not trying to tri— “ Rowan trailed off as what he was watching was becoming much more interesting to his brain than finishing the sentence he had started.

What was going on? What was this strange, strange woman doing? Rowan stared almost dumbfounded at her as she tied two long strands of her pale blond hair beneath her nose. One, unintentional knots were a pain to try to get out of hair, so he couldn’t fathom why someone would intentionally do it. Two, it was a totally childish thing to do. Three, he found it both extremely strange and kind of endearing. Though, it was mostly strange.

Eight hundred? Sure, that was more than what he’d asked for it, but still pretty low. Most people, when they bartered, tried to haggle the price down. This woman didn’t seem like most people. Maybe he could inch her up a little more in price. “I’d be more inclined to let it go for a thousand,” he said. Still cheap, but it was a small and relatively simple sculpture. He would be making a profit on it no matter what price she agreed on.
PM
^
 Posted on: May 25 2018, 03:40 PM
Ryu Won Pi \\
Skinwalker
Skinwalker
Journalist
Odd

Eyes sparkled when the man seemed to take her seriously, feeling her lips curl in a triumphant smirk the woman slipped a finger between her lips and hair and tugged the knot free. "Really I don't understand why it always takes that for someone to take me serious." She explained pulling her bag around so she could reach inside.

"Though don't think I don't know your trying to scam me with such an outrageous price. Honestly its obviously worth more, you know that, I know that, even though you seem to think I don't." The skinwalker scoffed before frowning into her bag.

"I only have nine on me are you willing to wait for the last hundred?" Apparently she had bought a lot already if the amount of things in her bag meant anything, since it was almost empty when she headed here this morning. She looked at the sculpture and frowned she really wanted it, hopefully he would be understanding. "Unless you are willing to wait right here while I run home to get the last bit of your money. I'll be fast, and if someone tries to pay more than me I'll out pay them. Promise."

Her feet shifted on the ground as she got ready to run home in a hurry so she could be back to the grab the art piece before someone got their grubby hands on her art piece.
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 6 2018, 09:57 AM
Rowan Beaumont \\
Half-men
Satyr
Art Teacher
Creative

Rowan was honestly dumbfounded. Who was this woman? In a town full of strange people, he had never met one quite this strange. “Uhh,” he stammered for a second before his jaw clicked shut. He reached up to scratch at the base of one of his large curved horns pushing through the mess of curls around it to reach it. “I’m sorry?” he offered, though he wasn’t quite sure why she seemed so offended and what she meant by him taking her seriously. Was this all part of some joke? Did someone set her up for this? Rowan looked back behind him towards the bushes, eyes narrowing slightly, as if he were waiting for someone to pop out and yell that he’d just got punked. But no. No one was in the bushes from what he could tell. Maybe this was real…

Looking back at the woman, Rowan’s face was still bearing the marks of a man very confused. “I mean, you’re not wrong. It is worth more than that. Just, people never really want to spend what it’s worth. It’s not a slight against you personally. It’s just been my experience.”

The satyr held up his hands and shook his head as the woman began to rifle through the bag she was carrying. “Look, don’t worry about it. You can just take it for nine. Don’t worry about the other hundred.” He looked over the woman again for a moment. No shoes… she honestly looked like she may be homeless or something. Would she even be good for the $900? She had been so insistent on him raising the price, though. He hoped he didn’t somehow accidentally offend her again.
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 8 2018, 04:20 PM
Ryu Won Pi \\
Skinwalker
Skinwalker
Journalist
Odd

The pale haired woman cocked her head slightly and raised a brow at the man. "Obviously people are stupid, art is art, they are not the ones allowed to claim it differently to the artist. That's like telling a cat that it's not a cat, and the cat being annoyed telling you you have no right to assume what they are, and then you getting really freaked out because you know talking cat. Well here I don't think it would be that weird." Her words dropped into a murmur as she spoke before she seemed to blink back into the conversation.

"Humans are dumb, if you put an outrageous price on something they will assume it is worth that much and will think they got it for a steal when you let them haggle it to the price you want they will think they got a steal." Ryu smiled sharply the idea of tricking people making her giggle. Honestly it was fun, she had done it plenty of times in her other forms.

Frowning at the man Ryu huffed slightly at him. "We agreed on a thousand not nine." Pulling out the stack of bills the corners are crinkled and worn but she easily counts out loud before handing the man nine hundred in cash, a mix of ones, twenties, and hundreds. "I'll give you the last bit next time I see you." Ryu explained waving the money at the man. "Consider this a down payment." She explained with a firm look on her face before breaking out in a smile. "I like your style what can I say."

Her veggies were going to look beautiful next to the wonder piece.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll