welcome

Have you ever gone walking through a forest and felt as though you saw a glimmer of something strange? Driving down the road and could have sworn that section of road should have lasted a few more seconds? Welcome to Twin Brooks, Washington. You won't find us on any map, nor can you just stumble across us whilst on a hike. To get here, you need magic. Now, don't get me wrong, quite a few of our little ol' town are “Normies,” but the rest-- myself included, mind you-- are anything but normal. But don't let that trouble you folk, alright?

Updates
  • May. 5 Please remember to join the discord it will be our main chat in the upcoming year and dropping premium Cbox.
  • May. 5 Time and Space threads will be closing the 25th of this month please try and finish threads in them before this time.
  • May. 5 Weather Widget has been added for some fun dynamics for the site, for anyone who wanted to know what the weather is like in TB. Widget did cause the screen to stretch a bit so we decided to stretch the updates this may change later.

Twin Brooks Weekly Forecast
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

A Cold Night Once Upon A December (open)
 Posted on: Mar 27 2018, 04:31 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
S:3
L:3
G: 3
Nephilim
Student
Caring
Awards: 2

The young nephilim stared out the window of the large banquet hall to watch the constant flurry of snow fall from the heavens, covering the ground with a thick blanket of white powder. Outside was such a gale that fiercely shook the spiny, leafless branches of the trees and sent up a myriad of snowflakes into a swirling vortex, twisting almost violent out of control until pummelling into the ground. However, the sharp howl of wind was completely overpowered with the sound of the orchestra and the mindless chatter that filled the room.

Snapping out of her small stupor she turned her head to watch as people danced and mingled merrily with one another, her lips spreading into a soft smile. She had caught sight of uncle Zephyr talking with a few of the other citizens. Most likely retelling a few of his international exploits--the legal ones anyway--and talking about his business and how well it was doing. It certainly was a wondrous sight to see everyone so full of joy. The holidays really did bring people together. However, it was almost a touch overwhelming with all these strong emotions swirling around as they were, but she fought to keep herself calm and collected for the rest of the night.

"Mel!"

She let out a sharp squeak of surprise as she felt someone press up against her side, practically jumping out of her skin due to the shock. Her white and gold feathers quick to ruffle. Promptly, she turned her wide emerald eyes onto Amy, who had begun to cling to her arm and press it against her chest to keep her locked in place. It was easy to tell it was her even with the mask and frilly ballgown. Puffing out her cheeks she pouted at her best friend. "Amy! You scared me almost half to death!"

"Sorry, sorry," the blonde female said with a delighted giggle. "Are you sure you don't want to dance some more? I found some really nice boys and girls to dance with!" There was a slight cooing tone in Amy's voice as she cocked her head towards a small group of teenagers dancing with each other and talking while partaking in some punch and food served to them.

Shaking her head she let out a small hum of disagreement. "I think I might be good for awhile. These heels are killing me!" Pulling at the skirt of her gown she showed off her ankles, tilting them ever so slightly to show the beginnings of two blisters.

"Well, I'll be over there if you need me, okay? And take it easy. I wouldn't want you to strain yourself, Mel." The nixie gave her arm a squeeze before she dashed over to the group she had been hanging out with prior.

Melanie let out a small sigh before she took a moment to watch her friend chat away with a few of her new friends, moving her hands to smooth out the wrinkles in her white and gold dress. It really made her happy to see the other enjoying herself and able to be free from the usual anxiety she had due to her father's controlling behavior. Although, her attention was diverted as an intoxicating aroma drifted past her nose, causing her stomach to rumble. Now that she thought about it she hadn't eaten since she got here... A little snack wouldn't hurt, now would it? Without a second thought, she made her way over to one of the banquet tables in search of something edible that would most suit her palate.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Mar 31 2018, 09:35 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty
Awards: 1

There was an almost exhilarating freedom to wearing a mask, especially with one that covered most of your face. Yes, Jocelyn's fiery red locks were quite recognizable to those who knew her, but here in this town where the number of people who knew her could be counted on just two hands, the possibilities of what she could do were endless. She could wreak havoc upon all the stuffy adults chatting on the sidelines. Spike the punch at the snack table set aside for the younger patrons of the event. Woo the asses off some unsuspecting magical folk. There were countless possibilities. But nothing sounded all that appealing or fun to do alone. Why did that asshole diva always have to be late? Probably made him think he looked cool. Jocelyn rolled her eyes though her bronze painted lips quirked up into a smirk. What a fucking loser...

The normie lounged near the snack table as she waited for Orion to show, knowing the sweet-toothed fae would make a beeline over here as soon as he showed up. A few of the older people lingering by the table cast judgmental looks her way. Probably never seen a girl in a suit before, Jocelyn thought. Not that she much cared what they thought. She looked fucking stunning in her own opinion, and really, that's all she cared about. Jocelyn reached out and snagged a Christmas tree shaped cookie from the table, taking a bite of the delicately iced confection. Her hazel eyes drifted closed behind her bronze accented black cat mask. Delicious.

Did they have hot cocoa? Oh, heck yeah they did. Jocelyn barely stopped herself from wiping her hands off on her all black suit, choosing instead to do so on the back of one of the elderly men sticking his nose up at her. "Digging that color on you, good sir," she said with over exaggerated sweetness as she walked past him to the canisters of hot chocolate at the other end of the table. The normie retrieved a cup and poured herself some of the drink before allowing her gaze to roam over the crowd again. Still no Orion. But she did spot a new point of interest. A cute little nephilim girl drifting her way. How sweet. The little girl seemed hell bent on looking as delicate and angelic as her wings hinted she was.

Perfect.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 1 2018, 01:07 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

Heading over to the closest table she felt herself begin to salivate at the sight of contents laid out on it. Cookies, cakes, pies, and so many other types of confections that it was so hard to focus just on one. They had all caught her eye. It was a sweet tooth's paradise! Wasting not a second more to gander at the shmorgishborg her hand instantly reached out to snag a double chocolate chip cookie and took a bite, humming at the sweet flavor that washed over her taste buds. "So delicious," she squealed out after swallowing her small mouthful, moving a hand to press against one side of her face. She should have headed over here sooner if she would have known the sweets were going to be so scrumptious.

The blonde was just about to take another bite before she paused for a moment. She couldn't help but feel as if she was being watched. The hair on the back of her neck raising slightly due to the uncomfortable sensation that came over her. Turning her head every which way subtly she allowed her gaze wander about the room before landing on a female in a suit watching her just a few feet away, sipping at a cup of hot chocolate. "Oh, hello." Her lips curled up into the brightest smile that she could muster, tilting her head to the side in a cute fashion. "Are you enjoying the ball?" She couldn't help but look at the other's outfit again, taking it in in more detail. Surprisingly, this girl pulled it off very well. She knew a very small amount of girls that could wear them and look at least halfway decent, but this ginger haired woman seemed to look just naturally pretty in one. "I really like your suit! It's very charming on you. I don't think I could ever pull off wearing a suit in a million years," she said with a small giggle.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 1 2018, 08:48 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn grinned an almost cheshire like smile to match her feline mask as the blond haired girl looked her way. It was cute how excited the little nephilim had gotten over all of the sweets laid out before her at the snack table. "Don't eat too much. You'll make yourself sick," she said with an amused chuckle. That look on the girl's face was just so pure and innocent. The very example she would imagine to go along with "like a kid in a candy store."

At the question directed at her, Jocelyn let her gaze trail back over the crowd. Her shoulders lifted in a shrug before her hazel eyes trained back on the blond. "Not the best party I've been too. Not usually in such stuffy venues. Can't complain too much though. I'm a sucker for dressing up." The normie's brows rose as the girl looked over her outfit. Jocelyn lifted a hand and pointed a bronze painted fingernail at herself. "What? This? You think so? Always felt silly in a dress. More practical this way."

The sound of the girl's giggle was such a pure sound, like the chime of a bell. Jocelyn's normally savage smirk softened a bit as she pulled her suit coat off and offered it out to the girl. "Let's see. Put this on. Though it will be a shame to cover your pretty dress."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 3 2018, 05:21 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

Melanie blinked up to the older female with her bright emerald eyes, watching as the corners of her lips curled up into a wide grin after just a mere greeting. It was strange, but she brushed the thought aside. Keeping her own smile plastered on her face she took a small bite of the cookie she had in hand. "My brother always says that, but there isn't any need to worry. Luckily, I don't get sick from eating too many sweets," she chirped happily.

She tilted her head slightly in a quizzical manner, causing some of the stray hairs that hadn't been braided back to fall into her face. "You've been to a better party than this?" She couldn't really imagine any other party being better than this. However, her option was a bit biased. Other than the few parties that were held by the town she didn't make it out to any held by students in other people's homes. She just wasn't that type of person. She nodded her head eagerly at the normie's inquiry. "Oh, yes! I really like it."

A look of shock passed over the young girl's expression as the other took off her jacket and handed it over to her, prompting her to try it on. "You really wouldn't mind?" Almost hesitantly she took hold of the outer garment before carefully putting it on over her dress. Of course, it was a bit too big for her petite frame, but it wasn't so large to where she looked foolish. "What do you think?" A sheepish tone slipped into her voice as she asked for the other's option of how she looked.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 3 2018, 08:09 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

"Oh, yes, several," Jocelyn said, nodding as the girl inquired about the parties she had attended. "I'd offer to take you to one sometime, though I don't think it'd quite be your scene." This girl looked far too sweet and angelic for the type of party Jocelyn would take her to. The people there would definitely eat the poor thing alive. If she didn't go cry in a corner first. "Classy gigs like this seem a little more... becoming of you." The normie's arched brows rose as she gave another smile to the girl.

Jocelyn's face lit up behind her mask as the girl took the suit coat and put it on over her dress. She raised a hand to cover her mouth as it dropped open with the beginnings of a laugh. "Oh. My. God. You look fucking adorable." The coat was a little big, but it didn't sag on the girl too badly. It was just a little long in the arms and torso. The normie dropped her hand to reveal her grin. She took a step closer to the younger girl, reaching out to button the suit jacket closed over the delicate looking white and gold dress. It really was a shame to cover it, but she wouldn't be wearing the coat long. Jocelyn was sure the poor girl's wings were going to start cramping very quickly since they were no doubt pushed against her back wearing the jacket. "Stunning. And you said you couldn't pull one off." She winked at the girl. "You just didn't have one that suited you, I'd say."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 4 2018, 04:03 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

"Yeah, probably not," Melanie admitted with a small laugh. Inferring from what the other said she had no doubt in her mind that she was talking about parties where college students drank, smoked, and did whatever else they wanted. She kind of did seem like a person that would enjoy those sorts of parties where she could let loose with reckless abandon, but she'd rather not assume such things. This was the first time she had met the older woman so she would rather learn about her than believe anything off of her own perception. "You can say that yeah. I just really enjoy all the dancing and being able to dress up in fancy outfits." Seeing the normie's smile she offered a much wider and sweeter one that had already graced her lips.

She blinked her eyes in surprise at the sound of the beginnings of laughter from the other, but her expression promptly melting into one of happiness at the ginger haired girl's comment. "You really think so?" She felt her wings give off a small flutter of joy, causing the jacket to shift. Thinking about it she sure hoped that none of her loose feathers would stick to the other's suit coat due to the reckless shifting of her wings. A faint blush rose to her delicate round cheeks as the young adult winked at her and offered her another compliment, a timid chuckle escaping her. "Well, I can only take your word for it. Maybe I should look into getting a suit someday."

A realization struck her as she stared up at the masked female before her. She had no idea what her name was to thank her for letting her try on her coat. "Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name's Melanie," she said as she held her hand out toward the other to shake hands, "what's yours?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 5 2018, 10:00 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn reached over and picked up another cookie from the snack table, snagging one that looked loaded with chocolate chips. She took a bite before shrugging and looking back out over the crowd. "It is kinda nice to dress up like this sometimes. Though the dancing I can't say I'm too fond of. Never really learned how to dance." She shrugged again as she popped a bit of the cookie into her mouth.

The older girl smiled down at the blond. "You definitely should. Make sure you can get one tailored for you if you can. Nothing looks worse than an ill-fitting suit." At least that's what the old man at the store had said. She'd take his word for it. The geezer worked around suits all day for only God knows how long. He probably knew what he was talking about.

Jocelyn took the nephilim's offered hand, raising it to her lips before planting a light kiss there. She released the blond's hand before winking and smirking playfully at her. "I'm Jocelyn." She said, gesturing to herself. "A pleasure to meet you, Melanie."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 7 2018, 02:33 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

The sophomore's nodded her head, her smile ever growing as she continued to converse with the older female. "I just find dressing up in elaborate costumes and dresses sort of freeing in all honesty. Cosplaying is also really fun." Her eyes widened in surprise at the other's revelation. "You never learned how to dance? Not even simple waltzing?"

She nodded her head as she listened to the normie's advice, making sure to make a mental note and keep it on the back burner for when it came time for her to buy one. Maybe she should go buy one with her next paycheck? "Alright! I'll certainly keep that in mind."

An expression of confusion washed over her face as Jocelyn didn't grasp her hand in a firm handshake like expected, but instead grabbed ahold of it and brought it up to her lips to plant a kiss upon her knuckles. The action causing her face to instantly heat up as a bright red hue took complete control of her cheeks and ears. The white and gold wings constricted inside of the buttoned-up suit gave out a few quick flutters, rubbing up awkwardly against the garment. "I-It's nice to meet you, J-Jocelyn," she sputtered out sheepishly.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 8 2018, 12:42 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

"You think it's freeing?" Jocelyn asked, her expression inquisitive. Dressing up as someone else could be fun, but putting yourself in such restricting and needlessly elaborate clothes? She liked dresses and skirts as much as the next girl, but she'd take a pair of jeans and a t-shirt over them any day. The normie's brows furrowed slightly behind her mask, though the confusion was evident in her eyes. "Cosplaying? Can't say I've heard of that either." Was it weird that she hadn't? She hadn't exactly had a "normal" childhood, so sure, there were going to be some gaps in her experience book. Dressing up for fancy parties and learning to dance were some that were scribbled out and replaced with things like, learning how to make yourself all but invisible and untraceable and shooting a man point blank in the face. Good times... The normie shook her head, both to clear her mind and to show she had not learned to dance. "Nope. Never have." She smiled almost sheepishly at the other as she shrugged.

A quiet laugh bubbled in Jocelyn's chest at the younger girl's reaction. As she had expected, the kiss on the hand had caught the other off-guard. The shocked expression on her face was actually quite adorable. She released Melanie's hand reached over to grab a napkin from the snack table. "Here, so you can wipe off the lipstick," she said jokingly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 10 2018, 02:38 PM
Orion Blackstick \\
Faerie
Gentry
Student
Pretty Boy

The music was soothing, just loud enough where people could talk clearly to each other and not have to yell. Totally the opposite of the kinda parties Orion enjoyed, ones where you didn't have to think. When his mother had finished dragging him around the room to introduce him once again to the same stuffy people he met at every party. Luckily his mask hid his distaste in the whole charade, of pretending to care who these people were.

Finally free the white haired man slipped away starting to scan the crowded ball room. He knew a few of his friends would be here later, even so they were probably also being hounded by parents tonight, some of them at least. Pulling out his phone he started searching his contacts before seeing bright red hair and a bronze mask that he knew too well, mainly because he had helped find and buy it.

Moving around he slipped his phone back into is pocket and moved closer, saying nothing as he dropped his head on the red headed girl's shoulder. "Jooooooce, Have I mentioned I hate my family." He laughed lifting his head and adjusting the silver fox mask along his face, "I mean honestly they do this every year."

Looking to the other person Joce had being speaking to. "Well isn't it Miss Melanie, how are you this evening?" He asked his eyes glancing around for the girl's stand offish werewolf friend. "Are you alone?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 10 2018, 04:13 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

"Yeah! It's just so much fun to dress up as something that you're not and just be able to have lots of fun!" The blonde nodded her head vigorously, showing off her seemingly boundless enthusiasm when it came to dressing up. Even though she could tell that the other wasn't as excited about the subject as she was, but she was glad to have someone listen at the very least. Not a lot of people here were interested in cosplaying so it was hard to find people to talk with about it. "Oh! Cosplaying is where you dress up as a character from books, movies, TV shows, comics, and anime. Sadly there aren't many people into that sort of thing around here." As she finished her sentence she puffed out her cheeks in a pout as she crossed her arms over her chest in mild dismay. She had always wanted to visit anime conventions, but that never seemed like that could become possible.

Shaking her head to clear her mind she looked back up at Jocelyn before giving her a wide grin. "Then how about I teach you then?" She wasn't sure how she would take her offer, but that didn't mean she couldn't try. Though, she hoped her feet could hold up long enough for it without her blisters became more agitated.

She reached up to cup her cheeks, feeling the heat radiate from them as her acquaintance let out a small laugh at her reaction. God, she felt like she wanted to hide inside the confines of her wings like she did as a child. The urge was just so tempting. As the other spoke she perked up slightly, noticing her offering her a napkin. "U-Uh... Thank you..." Reaching out and taking the linen from the other she dabbed it against her hand to remove the small amount of residue left there from the red headed woman's lipstick.

The young Holt was taken by surprise as another voice sounded from close by, lifting her head up to see none other than Orion as he rested his head against Jocelyn's shoulder as he let out an almost child-like whine. How did they always seem to run into each other? A slightly displeased expression washed over her face before she could fight to keep on a smile, holding her tongue to remind the other yet again of her displeasure of being addressed so formally. Her cheeks still quite red in hue from her earlier embarrassment. "Why, hello. Fancy seeing you here, Orion." She watched curiously as he looked around for a moment before offering a query. "No, but my uncle is too preoccupied with talking about his business and I needed to take a break from dancing for a little while since my best friend dragged me practically across the whole dance floor."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 10 2018, 09:11 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

It was cute how excited Melanie got over this cosplaying thing. It almost made Jocelyn want to try it. Almost. She wasn't quite sure what she'd dress up as if she did. She didn't exactly watch a lot of movies or t.v. or read many books. And she wasn't 100% sure she even knew what an "anime" was. "Sounds fun," Jocelyn hummed. "What do you think would suit me if I tried it? I'm asking for your expert opinion." She gave a playful wink to the younger girl as she crossed her arms over her chest in an expectant manner.

Jocelyn's eyes brightened and she grinned more at the younger girl as she extended the offer to teach her to dance. It looked like the little nephilim was starting to get more comfortable around her now. That offer was quite bold. Jocelyn's eyebrows rose in amusement as she spoke, "Really now?"

The normie jumped slightly as a foreign weight dropped suddenly onto her shoulder. For a moment, her right hand flitted toward her belt, reaching instinctively to grab at a weapon that wasn't there before she made a conscious effort to lift her hand to place over her heart in a more natural show of shock. "Jesus H. Christ, Rion!" Jocelyn hissed at the faerie between her teeth, "You nearly scared the shit out of me." She lowered her hand and crossed her arms back in the position they'd been in before her friend had startled her. She rolled her eyes and smirked as the gentry lamented about how much he hated his family. "You've only mentioned it... I don't know... Every time I've ever spoken to you."

She giggled before her eyes widened again, looking between the young blond and her friend. "Oh, so you know little Miss Melanie, too?" Jocelyn turned her attention back to the girl. "Sweet as can be. She was just offering to teach me how to dance." The normie glanced back over at the gentry, "If only she knew how terrible an idea that is."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 12 2018, 01:22 PM
Orion Blackstick \\
Faerie
Gentry
Student
Pretty Boy

The fae grinned as the girl startled against him, placing her hand over her heart, though it looked natural he could tell it was forced. He wondered if the girl was tempted to swing at his face, the fact she didn't made him thankful. While the silver mask might protect his nose from being broken he had no doubt it would still do some damage. "That's because its still true, and a good friend I tell you so you can support me in my time of need." The fae sighed looking over to were his family stood, his father eyeing him from across the room and causing a chill to run down his spine. What had he done wrong now?

Blinking back into the conversation he smiled at the older girl. "I met her because she decided to draw me at a coffee shop." He laughed before turning to Melanie. "My family is well known these dances are kinda required of us to attend." And by that he meant this was the 21 century and no one cared about meeting the Blacksticks, but the old fae line still had regal sticks up their asses and thought the world should be under their feet.

Huffing the white haired boy shook the thoughts from his family from his head and turned back to the ladies. "Ooh careful Miss Melaine, I have a feeling she'll end up bruising your tiny feet." He laughed teasing his friend, "I heard she totally has two left feet." He whispered loudly enough for both girls to hear as he winked to the younger girl.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 15 2018, 12:12 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

"It is! Very fun!" Melanie chirped, her bright smile staying plastered on her face. At the other's inquiry, she blinked in surprise for a moment before reaching up to tap her chin in thought, her eyes narrowing slightly as she racked her brain for an idea. A soft hum reverberating in the back of her throat. Obviously, Jocelyn wasn't the type to really dress too extravagantly or wear frilly dresses often so anything like that was out the window. Maybe something more casual? He bright green eyes widened when she suddenly gained an idea, her hand moving away from her chin so that she could hold up her index finger in a sort of 'ah-ha!' gesture. "Something most likely armor-clad. Like a female knight or an Amazonian type costume."

She felt her cheeks instantly puff out in a pout as the older female joined in with Orion to call her 'Miss Melanie', proceeding to cross her arms tightly over her chest. Honestly, it was starting to get more bothersome. It kind of made her feel as if she was being addressed as an old woman. "What did I say about calling me miss?" She arched a thin, pale brow at the gentry. She truly wondered if he even remembered her mild disdain for it.

At Orion mentioning how they first met, she felt her cheeks heat up a bit, becoming a bit shy at the fact. Reaching up to gently slap at her cheeks to try and get the flush to go away she looked back up at the older male, nodding her head in understanding. "Oh, I see."

She waved a hand in dismissal at the two advising her that teached the normie wouldn't be a good idea, obviously not bothering to give it much thought. "I'm sure you're not that bad. Besides, the waltz is very easy to learn," she reassured with a gentle smile. "Plus you should expect to dance when attending a ball, don't you think? One little dance shouldn't hurt."

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 18 2018, 06:16 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn's lips quirked up into a lopsided smile, all too close to her normal smirk. This girl was just too cute. Did she really just chirp? Fucking adorable. Though she didn't really care all too much about the subject at hand, she could tell it meant a lot to the younger girl to have someone to talk about it with. She could humor her on it for a bit longer. "Ooh, good choice! Like Wonder Woman?" Jocelyn inquired, her hazel eyes brightening at the suggestion.

The fae's words caused the normie to shake her head and roll her eyes in mock exasperation. "Translated you're a whiny bitch baby from a snobby fucking family. Got it." She gave the white haired boy a thumbs up. Feeling the other shudder, she threw her arm over his shoulder, eyes following his gaze across the ballroom to the stuffy looking shape of the boy's father. She'd never met Orion's family, and she figured she probably never would. She was pretty sure they weren't all too happy about him being friends with a normie.

"Oh, shut up," Jocelyn groaned as Orion mocked her dancing ability. She smiled in a rather long-suffering way at Melanie as the girl tried to take up for her. "No, he's right. I am that bad." Her eyes twinkled though at how bold the younger girl was being now. She seemed to be getting past her initial nervousness. "But I am always up for lessons."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 22 2018, 03:46 PM
Orion Blackstick \\
Faerie
Gentry
Student
Pretty Boy

At Joce's harsh words the fae rolled his eyes. "You are the worst friend ever." He huffed playfully, before her arm was thrown over his shoulder causing him to lean slightly because of his height. He enjoyed the closeness with the girl, it made it better that it was completely platonic. They hadn't know each other long but they had become thick as thieves in a short time, the others loving the girl just as much for her wild personality and her fuck with me attitude.

Seeing Melanie's pout made him smile, it seemed like he had wore the name out for now. "Don't look so upset. I told you I would try to cut back at the nicknames but I'm telling you it's a hard habit to break." He laughed softly, "And you just seem like a miss to me, in the sense you are totally a princess. I mean you even look like one tonight."

Seeing the girl flush Orion grinned, the girl was too easy to read displaying most of her emotions easily on her face, "She's a pretty good little artist too." He complimented her with a smile.

Chuckling the blond smiled at the idea of dance lessons. "I would pay money to see that. Joce has two left feet when it comes to classic dances." He teased knowing the only reason he could even dance was because he was forced to do lessons at a young age.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 23 2018, 06:23 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

She nodded her head almost vigorously up at the older female, her smile only continuing to widen at the sight of the other's eyes brightening with slight interest. Honestly, she was glad that the conversation wasn't becoming bothersome. "Yeah, totally! Or maybe even Brigitte from Overwatch too. I think you would fit her perfectly!" Now that she thought about it, Brigitte couldn't be any more of a perfect match for the other. A pretty redhead clad in armor? It was a match made in heaven.

Melanie continued to pout at the pale faerie, her lips pressing tightly into a thin line across her face. "Well, I'm pretty sure most people don't go around calling their friends Miss or Mr," she grumbled cutely. "Am I wrong?" She quirked an eyebrow in a quizzical manner as she voiced her inquiry. However, it wasn't long before she lost her somewhat sassy attitude as Orion complimented her, causing a faint flush to crawl across her cheeks. Out of habit, she reached up to brush a few stray strands of hair behind one of her ears. "You think so?"

A sudden, sharp pain shot through her wings, causing her to wince softly. The muscles were already beginning to cramp due to being constructed in such a manner. "Oh! You're probably wanting your jacket back, Jocelyn." Reaching up she unbuttoned the suit jacket before sliding it off and handing it over to the normie.

Goodness, she couldn't get a break from all these compliments, could she? Her face practically felt like it was on fire. "I'm really not that good," she added with a small, nervous laugh as she made an attempt to be humble.

The sophomore's eyes widened and sparkled with excitement, a bright smile breaking out on her face. "I certainly wouldn't mind giving a lesson or two." Lifting her hand up she offered her hand to the other. "Jocelyn, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 23 2018, 07:38 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

The redhead smirked at her friend as he belittled her as a friend. She reached up and mussed his carefully groomed white hair with a mischievous cackle. "I am, and I'm damn proud of it!"

"Can't say I know who that is," Jocelyn said almost sheepishly. "You'll have to show me sometime." By how excited Melanie got at the realization that character would fit her she could only assume that it would be a pretty close match. She didn't really have the intention to ever dress up in costume, but she hoped that this one didn't wear some ridiculous excuse for armor like many other armored female heroes.

Poor girl got so flustered about little nicknames. It honestly reminded her of another nephilim she had met not too long ago. Now that she thought about it, this one had the same name as Calix's little sister. Melanie was a common name, yes, but could this be the same one? As she'd only seen the girl from a distance that night, it was hard to know for sure.... "'Rion is lots of things, but a good liar isn't one of them," Jocelyn said playfully, "I think he means it."

"Thank you, dear," Jocelyn said as she took back her offered jacket and pulled it back on over her black shirt. She started to button it but her attention was caught by what the others were saying. "You'll have to show me your drawings." She glanced back at Orion and then back at Melanie with a joking grimace, "Though I can't see how you can make that mug look good."

The older girl rolled her eyes at Orion's words. "Oh, har har!" She raised a hand to her chest and pulled a mockingly wounded expression. "It hurts because it's true." Another laugh left Jocelyn as she took Melanie's extended hand. "But she can't be swayed by you and your honied words, Orion." The normie bowed to Melanie again, winking up at her as she did so. "I would love to. Just hope I don't break your toes."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 24 2018, 04:46 PM
Orion Blackstick \\
Faerie
Gentry
Student
Pretty Boy

Orion squawked when he was suddenly ruffled by his female friend. "Aw come on Joce I worked hard on my hair tonight." He huffed pulling away and attempted to try and push down the now messy locks. Finally combing them down the fae shoved the girl softly.

At the younger's girls flustered face Orion gave a soft laughed before grinning at Joce. "I feel like I should be irritated you say I suck at lying but at the same time I am telling the truth so..." He laughed softly giving the young blond a soft wink before combing his hair once again trying to adjust it still.

"So apparently I'm ugly now?" He laughed at Joce smirking wildly. "Best tell the town the news since they don't know." The fae huffed running a hand though his hair as he winked at her through his mask. "And plus Melanie must have seen something to want to draw me before she even knew me."

Raising a brow Orion moved back to allow the girls to step away for a dance. "Try not to kill each other yeah?" He teased patting Jocelyn on the back as he moved to look over the snack tables pulling out his phone to see if anyone had messaged for a meet up and possible ditch.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 25 2018, 05:40 PM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

"That's okay," Melanie reassured as she noticed the slightly sheepish tone that the other held in her voice, giving her a warm smile in hope to put her at ease. "I'll definitely show you her sometime. I think you'll really like her." At least, that's what she hoped. Not that her new friend would actually dress up as the character, but hopefully she would feel complimented when she was shown the support hero.

Between the banter going back and forth between the two older teens, she grew bashful and shy. Her hand instinctively reaching up to twirl a loose strand of golden hair between her fingers as she looked up at the normie and the fae. At the wink that Orion had given her, she felt her cheek grow hot before she averted her gaze sheepishly. "Well, t-thank you..."

She blinked in surprise for a moment a Jocelyn called Orion ugly, quirking an eyebrow quizzically at the two. Lifting her hand she scratched lightly at her cheek with her index finger, giving a light shrug. "I just liked the expression you had on your face at the time to be completely honest," she admitted.

A gleeful laugh escaped the blonde as she proceeded to pull the redheaded female with her onto the dancefloor, waving at the pale boy. "We won't!" Finding a small clearing in the edge of the large crowd, keeping her hand clasped around the other's as she looked back up at her. "Would you like to learn how to lead or would you like me to so that you can learn the steps better?"

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 25 2018, 06:53 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn cackled at Orion's squawked. She watched in amusement as he tried to fix his mussed hair. So vain... though he had every right to be. She just hoped his family didn't get mad at him for getting rumpled. Who knew what would set them off.... "I have a brush in my car if you need it," she said to her friend before looking back to Melanie. "I'll be looking forward to it." Hopefully it was a flattering character and not something she was going to have to feign interest with.

The normie's brows rose in amusement. "See, Mel just drew you because of your expression..." Her expression fell back to its default smirk. "And you know I think you're beautiful, Rion. I only surround myself with the best." It was a joke, of course, at least to her. She hadn't really surrounded herself with beautiful people until now. Mostly because she hadn't really encountered anyone that wasn't beautiful in this town. There were so many pretty people here... it was ridiculous.

Casting a thumbs up behind her at the fae, Jocelyn followed Melanie out onto the dance floor, letting the younger girl pull her along. A flurry of nervousness fluttered in her chest as they approached the edge of the crowd. She hoped she didn't draw too much attention with her bad dancing. And that she didn't hurt this poor girl trying to teach her. "You should probably lead first. Let me figure out how to do this..."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 27 2018, 11:50 PM
Orion Blackstick \\
Faerie
Gentry
Student
Pretty Boy

At Joce's soft reassurance Orion gave her a soft smile. "Nah it will be fine. Mother took tons of pictures already and as long as I stay at least an hour for appearances I don't think they care." The Fae shrugged with a smile pushing his hair back hoping to reassure her, Joce had never met his family and honestly he wasn't ready for that meeting. He was quite sure that it wouldn't end without a few choice words he didn't want to subject Joce to.

Grinning brightly at the Nephlim's shy face the fae wanted nothing more to poke at her flushed cheeks. Wondering if the blush went lower along her pale skin. Snorting softly the fae turned to his friend. "Hey I must have a wonderful expression because I have a distinct memory of playing angry birds. So I'm pretty enough to be drawn why gamer raging." He laughed sticking his tongue out at the girl.

As the girls stepped out into the floor he smirked watching as Melanie quietly instructed the red headed girl as Joce looked openly lost. Pulling out his phone to snap a picture of the girls, Orion was startled as a hand clasped his pale neck causing his chest to freeze before feeling the hand give a soft squeeze before suddenly weight was suddenly on his back causing him to stumble.

"Hello mister Blackstick sir~" Andre sang as he wrapped his legs around Orion's waist. The Fae yelped before adjusting his arms around Andre's emerald green covered legs. "Fuck you asshole." The fae huffed dropping the vampire before turning around and snorting at his friends. Andre wore dark green with lighter green accents, a simple mask sitting snug on his face. Luc wore a tan almost orange tux with a cat mask over his face, Jackson wore a ash colored suit wit a simple grey feathered mask, and lastly Wyatt wore a traditional outfit with a cheap looking panda mask that held on with elastic.

"Man we are a sight." Orion laughed adjusting his tie as each of the boys took their time flipping him off.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 29 2018, 11:16 AM
Melanie Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Caring

"Awesome!" The light nephilim smiled brightly despite sensing hesitation with underlying worry coming off of Jocelyn, not daring to call it out. She could understand that she might be unsure about the whole cosplay thing, but she hoped that she could get her new friend somewhat interested. Maybe not to the point of dressing up, but at least admiring the concept.

A soft almost nervous giggle escaped her as the white haired male went on to boast about his expression. Promptly, she reached up to grab ahold of a long strand of hair that hadn't been braided or pushed back, fiddling with it as she averted her gaze to look down at the floor. "I thought it was kind of cute..." He mumbling was hardly above a whisper, almost completely unintelligable due to the loud music and the sound of chattering adults that filled the room. After saying such a bold statement, even if it could not be heard, she felt her heart poud against her ribcage. Almost as if it was going to burst.

Melanie nodded her head in understand, taking the older female's hand and placing it on her shoulder before clasping their opposite hands together. Her hold gentle yet firm. "Okay. It might be a little hard since I'm shorter, but I believe I can make this work," she reassured. "I'll make sure to go slow so don't worry."

Looking down at their feet she made sure that they were in a relatively correct position before looking back up at the normie, taking a slow step forward to initiate the dance. "The waltz follows a simple box step. You bring your feet together before moving one step forward with your left foot, which in this case you move back one step," she instructed as she followed the dance sequence.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 30 2018, 09:12 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

"Of course you were playing Angry Birds," Jocelyn muttered under her breath, smirking over at the white haired boy. Another mumble caught her attention and she looked down at Melanie. Ohh.... this poor girl had it bad. She was blushing so darkly it almost looked painful. She almost felt bad for her. Poor thing was just asking to get hurt crushing on Orion so hard. She hadn't known 'Rion for long, but she knew the boy was a heart breaker. She honestly hoped this poor little girl didn't get caught up in it.

Jocelyn let her hands fall lightly into place on Melanie's shoulder. Her fingers intertwined with the other girl's. "Not worried. I'm sure you're a great teacher," the normie said with a smile, "I'm just afraid I've never been a good student." Her hazel eyes narrowed slightly in concentration as she glanced down at their feet, trying to mimic the motions of the other. She kept time in her mind. It wasn't complicated, but that didn't stop her from feeling anxious.

For a moment, she looked up, glancing over her shoulder back at where they left Orion standing. Except, he wasn't alone like before. Almost like they'd crawled from the woodwork, the rest of the gang had arrived to keep him company. She raised her hand from Melanie's shoulder to wave over at them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll