welcome

Have you ever gone walking through a forest and felt as though you saw a glimmer of something strange? Driving down the road and could have sworn that section of road should have lasted a few more seconds? Welcome to Twin Brooks, Washington. You won't find us on any map, nor can you just stumble across us whilst on a hike. To get here, you need magic. Now, don't get me wrong, quite a few of our little ol' town are “Normies,” but the rest-- myself included, mind you-- are anything but normal. But don't let that trouble you folk, alright?

Updates
  • May. 5 Please remember to join the discord it will be our main chat in the upcoming year and dropping premium Cbox.
  • May. 5 Time and Space threads will be closing the 25th of this month please try and finish threads in them before this time.
  • May. 5 Weather Widget has been added for some fun dynamics for the site, for anyone who wanted to know what the weather is like in TB. Widget did cause the screen to stretch a bit so we decided to stretch the updates this may change later.

Twin Brooks Weekly Forecast
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

I'm A Fighter, Not A Lover (jocelyn)
 Posted on: Apr 29 2018, 12:33 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
S:3
L:3
G: 3
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive
Awards: 1

Calix looked up at the gray sky as he pressed his back against the old brick wall of the alleyway, his hand clutching the gold cross pendant that hung from around his neck. His thumb carefully smoothing over the cold metal as he mulled things over in his mind. The last couple week had been brutal for him. It seemed like a never-ending cycle, his days becoming worse and worse by the week's end. Between his depression and all the trouble he had caused for himself, he seemed to be unable to get a break. Feeling himself falling back into his self-destructive tendencies. However, he seemed unable to get a grip and restore the small sense of self-control that he had. The worst part of it was that he was making Melanie worry...

He had already caught her gazing at him whenever they were home together, watching him to try and read what he was thinking and feeling. That was usually second nature to both of them, able to know what was going on with each other before the other knew it themselves. Their parents had always joked that they were psychically linked, and even if he didn't believe it himself he knew what he could feel and sense. It didn't feel magical. Just normal.

"Hey!"

A shout broke him out of his thoughts, causing the nephilim to blink his eyes in order for them to focus as he watched a small group of male adolescents walking down the alleyway toward him. The one leading the group sported a black eye and a cut lip, which looked even uglier with the angry look on his face.

"You remember me, asshole?" The normie asked as he intruded his personal space in order to glower at him.

"No. Who are you again?" Calix tilted his head to the side in order to get a good look at the other, a bored expression plastered on his face. Blinking his eyes that were rimmed with dark circles slowly he tried to recall who this guy was. However, he was probably someone of minor importance. Someone that didn't deserve remembering.

"Why you!" The blond male reached over and grabbed a fistful of his black v-neck shirt, yanking him forward. "You beat the hell out of me and that's all I get?! Well, the laughing is all over now, punk! My friends and I here are going to teach you a lesson! Or are you getting cold feet?"

"Cold feet?" He lazily rolled his head forward to look up at the male that was too uncomfortably close, arching a thick brow quizzically. "The fact that you brought so many of your friends here just shows which one of us is scared of losing and getting the shit beaten out of them," he said monotonously. "Again." His emerald and gold eyes shifted to look past the annoying blond, counting a total of five heads. It was a bit of a stretch, but he was sure he could take them on before he ran out of stamina.

Bingo.

He watched closely as the normie's scowl deepen as his eyebrows wrinkled and his cheeks redden, getting overtaken by his own rage. As much as it could be used as a weapon this guy sure wasn't thinking about how he could use it properly. He let it get to his head, which in turn lessened the efficiency of his attempted punch as he sent his fist flying toward him. Too wide. He easily moving his head to dodge before grabbing the other's wrist and pulling him forward, causing the normie to go off balance before raising his elbow and bringing it up hard into the older male's face. It was a solid blow, but the fight had only just begun...

----------------------

Where was he? Downtown in an alleyway.

What was he doing here? Right, that guy and his pack of goons ambushed him...

Trying to lift himself up off the cold concrete a low hiss slipped past the red headed boy's clenched teeth, causing him to fall back against the ground. The action made all his muscles feel as if they were going to tear themselves apart if he attempted to move any more than he already had. Now that he thought about it, he may have overestimated his own abilities. Lifting his head up just slightly to where it didn't strain his neck he caught sight of five motionless bodies laying on the concrete before him, most left bloody and beaten, but thankfully alive. Of course, he wasn't going to go overboard by killing someone, but beating them unconscious was something he could live with. He just hoped that would make them leave him alone...

Calix sighed as he rested his head back down against the cold stone, letting his body settle and rest for a few moments more. He couldn't see it himself, but he knew his body was a total mess. He could feel the bruises forming on his chest and face and felt the uncomfortable feeling of drying blood that was caked along the side of his mouth from where one of the guys hit him. Admittedly, it was a damn good right hook.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Apr 30 2018, 11:23 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

It was a nice day. She hadn't been in this town for too long, but she knew these were few and far between. The sun was actually out and it seemed like the whole town was out enjoying it. Kids were playing on the sidewalks. Young couples were walking hand in hand. The park was full and bustling as she walked past it, making her way toward the corner store to make a snack run. Maybe it would be cheaper if she just went to a grocery store and bought enough food to last her more than a couple of days, but she wasn't exactly the practical type. She was a gal of convenience.

It was days like this when she wished she had a dog to walk with her down the streets. It was kind of lonely, but she wasn't about to drag Rose out along with her after her friend had been up so late studying. See? She was the good friend, not dragging people out of bed when they were dead ass tired... Jocelyn smirked to herself at the thought. God knew Rose was going to be upset she hadn't been invited along anyways. Even though Jocelyn enjoyed the other girl's company, it was still nice to have a little breath of fresh air alone.

It was so peaceful.

Until she caught a glimpse of movement shuffling around in the dark alley to her left. The hair on her arms stood on end as a sudden spike of fear shot through her like lightning. The ex-hunter whirled around, hand quickly going to her hip where she used to keep her gun holstered. But it came up empty. She'd started leaving that at the apartment a few months ago after she'd started feeling sure she was safe.

But it was always when she started feeling safe when shit would hit the fan.

Her mounting anxiety dwindled, though when she spotted a glint of fire-truck red hair and rustling wings. The anxiety, though, was quickly replaced with confusion. "Calix?" she asked, the confusion evident in her voice as she took a step toward the boy lying in the alley. "What the fuck happened here?" she asked, looking around at the bodies strewn in the alley.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 1 2018, 04:21 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

The nephilim stared blankly at the sky once more, watching as the gray clouds were pushed along by the strong winds overhead. It was a peaceful sight amidst all the damage and chaos he had caused only minutes prior. Or had it been longer than that? He wasn't quite sure. His mind was muddled due to being knocked out, leaving him unsure of what had transpired and a vague sense of time. For all he knew he could have been lying here in the alleyway unconscious for a few hours. Although, he highly doubted it. Someone would have found them all by now and most likely would have called an ambulance or the police. What a shitshow that would have been if he woke up in a hospital bed...

Suddenly, he heard the sound of footsteps. They were faint at first, but they were slowly growing louder as someone approached the alleyway. His stomach lurked as anxiety took hold of him for the first time since he had woken up. Was it another one of those goons? A cop? He gritted his teeth as he tried to pick himself up off the ground, keeping the pained noise that threatened to sound trapped in his throat. His tawny wings flapping in desperation as he forced his sore muscles and aching bones to move. Move goddammit! He couldn't afford to be caught. He didn't want to be caught. He wouldn't be able to handle seeing the look of disappointment and sorrow that Melanie would have if she knew what he had done and saw what he had done to himself...

He stopped his struggle once he heard a familiar voice call out to him, his head turning to look back with wide eyes to see the redheaded female. Her expression overcome by confusion. "Jocelyn...?" A look of relief washed over his face as he sighed and opted to fall back against the asphalt, a sharp grunt leaving him as the hard stone collided with his tender body. It wasn't another person trying to beat him up or a policeman. It was just Jocelyn. He was safe. "What does it look like? I got into a fight," he said matter-of-factly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 2 2018, 06:01 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn's brows quirked in slight annoyance at the nephilim's smart ass remark. He'd clearly gotten the shit beaten out of him but he felt fine enough to make a sarcastic jab. She rolled her eyes as she walked over to Calix, crouching down at his side. Her expression pulled quickly into a grimace as she saw all the darkening marks on what was exposed of the boy's skin. Some of those bruises looked like they went deep. She was honestly surprised none of his bones were broken. She reached out and poked at one of the forming bruises along Calix's cheekbones. "Never woulda guessed," she snarked back before standing again to look at the people scattered in the alley.

There were five of them. No way he took on all of them... unless he'd gotten his ability off somehow, but the distinct lack of anything looking or smelling like it had burned made it clear he hadn't. The normie whistled, shaking her head as she prodded the toe of her combat boot into the side of one of the other young men lying on the ground. A quiet, muffled groan left him, most of the sound absorbed by the concrete against his face.

"What a shit show," the redhead sighed, stuffing her hands in her pockets and looking back down at Calix. "You okay?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 3 2018, 05:45 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

Tilting his head back as much as he could Calix looked over at the redheaded female, frowning slightly at the annoyed expression that was now displayed on her face. He felt like snapping at her for giving him such a look, but he bit his tongue. He really couldn't afford to turn her away in his time of need. He needed to get out of here and get someplace safe. Preferably not a hospital or his house. Both of those scenarios would not work out well for him...

"Hey!" He yelped as the other poked at a dark bruise forming along his cheekbone, flinching away from her before glowering up at her. His light brown feathers fanning and ruffling in a defensive manner. Sure, it wasn't the worst pain he had ever felt, but it was still uncomfortable as hell. "You don't poke at another person's wounds," he snapped as he reached up to carefully place a hand over his cheek. The action causing the muscles in his arm to ache from the strain.

The pyromancer let his head lay back against the hard concrete as he watched the other inspect one of the other guys, using her boot to nudge him a little. Would she have done that to him if he had still been unconscious? Honestly, he wouldn't doubt it. He shrugged his shoulders lazily at her question. "As okay as I'll ever be..."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 5 2018, 11:09 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn smirked down at Calix as he tried to reprimand her. "Clearly, I do whatever I want. There's not much your tired, broken ass can do to stop me from doing it again, either," she said with a tone edging between a threat and a joke. She rolled her eyes as the nephilim tried to act all calm and collected by playing off how injured he was. "You don't have to be such a hard ass, you know? You can say how much it hurts."

The normie crossed her arms over her chest. "You need me to take you somewhere? You need a hospital? You're not internally bleeding are you? Your little bird bones okay?" She was flooding him with questions, though they came more with curiosity than concern. Okay, she was a little concerned for him, but she wouldn't show it. Calix seemed like the type to take concern and morph it into pity and then start resenting people.

A groan sounded behind her as one of the thugs lying on the ground started to come around. The guy pushed himself up on shaky arms. "What the fuck..." he groaned, holding a hand to his head. Jocelyn rolled her eyes before turning around to face the guy, bringing the heel of her boot down on the back of his head, effectively knocking him back down to the ground and knocking him back out. She wasn't about to deal with whatever bullshit was going to come with them waking up and Calix still being on the scene. She turned back to the nephilim, brows raised expectantly. "So, what's it gonna be?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 6 2018, 01:28 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

"Clearly you have no human decency and you're a total asshole," he snarked back at the normie. God, why did it have to be her of all people to find him? He didn't need all this frustrating back and forth banter. Maybe he should have sent Zale an emergency text before he had gotten into a fight with those douche bags. That would have been a good idea, but now he had to live with his decisions. "You do realize that you can shut the fuck up, right? It's not that hard. All it takes is closing your damn mouth."

Calix's green and gold eyes widened at the mention of a hospital, his expression melting away into a fearful scowl. "No hospitals. None. You got that?" That was certainly the last thing he needed. If Jocelyn decided to take him to the hospital it would be all over for him, especially since would notify his godfather and in turn Melanie. He moved his arms to push himself up slowly, his teeth clenched together as he forced his muscles to exceed their limits. "Nothing is broken and I'm fine," he said through gritted teeth. He was finally able to sit up, but he felt as if his whole body was on fire from all the stress his muscles were under. He really did underestimate those guys...

He lifted his eyes and tensed up as the pale haired normie woke up, holding a hand to his head. He braced himself to fight once more to knock him out, but the redheaded female beat him to it. With one hit to the back of his head, he went back down. The side of his face slamming down onto the concrete. He was a bit impressed at the accuracy of her blow, but that was interupted by her query. "I got a friend's house I can go to..."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 7 2018, 01:32 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn tapped a finger against her cheek, her expression lacking her normal humor and just looking annoyed. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she stared down at Calix. “Not exactly how I’d talk to someone that wants to help you.”

And has so much power over you.... she thought.
Did he realize that his immediate fate was kind of in her hands? He was insistent on not going to the hospital or involving the police. But she could easily do both of those. Hell, she would do both of those just to spite him, at this point.

She watched the almost pathetic display as he dragged himself up into a sitting position, almost as if to try to prove he didn’t need a hospital. “That’s cool and all, but for all I know you could be hemorrhaging internally, and I don’t want a little dead bird boy on my conscience.” At least not one that she could actually help and wasn’t intentionally wanting to see dead…

Jocelyn tapped the heel of her boot against the concrete for a moment as she thought over the situation. One, she found it a bit hard to believe Calix had friends…. But then again, maybe she’d just always had the misfortune of encountering him in a bad mood. For all she knew he could be a complete angelic darling around other people. Though she highly doubted that. Little angel darlings didn’t have a group of thugs trying to beat their ass. “Sure. Fine.”

The normie stepped closer towards the injured nephilim, holding her hand out for him to take in offer to help him to stand.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 7 2018, 06:17 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

Calix fought the urge to glare back at the normie, feeling his blood boil from the look she was giving him not to mention her threat. However, he bit back any heated remarks and let a heavy sigh escape his lungs. His whole body deflating. "Well, you could at least be a bit nicer to the person who is suffering, ya' know..." His words didn't come out as harsh, but instead more as a suggestion than anything else despite the underlying annoyance in his voice. He at least was trying to be more appreciative and less of an asshole, which was a start. There had to be some credit in that.

"I'm fine!" He restated, louder this time, through clenched teeth. God, why couldn't this girl just take his word for once? "This isn't my first fight so I fucking know nothing is that serious." Maybe some bruises, cuts and broken skin, but certainly not as severe as internal bleeding. Hell, he was pretty sure the worst of it actually was all the bruising and his busted and bleeding knuckles.

The nephilim looked up to see a flash of disbelief in Jocelyn's hazel eyes at his mention of his friend. his eyebrows furrowing deeply as his eyes narrowed. "Hey, I never said I didn't have any friends. Just that I didn't have many friends. Huge difference," he responded defensively. Of course, he wasn't the most well liked person in all of Twin Brooks, but there was a few people that he got along with. That mainly consisting of Zale, his family, and the fellow members of Kings of Heros.

He couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief before taking the other's hand, trying to pull himself up from the ground. "Fuck," he hissed. The pain in his overwork muscles shot through his whole body as he continued to pick himself up with the girl's help, his limbs beginning to shake violently.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 9 2018, 10:21 AM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

“As I highly doubt you were completely innocent in this,” Jocelyn gestured to the carnage of unconscious teenagers, “I feel a bit of disdain may be allowed.” She helped Calix to his feet as he took her hand. The poor little asshole wasn’t going to be able to stand on his own if how badly he was shaking was any indicator. She’d been in some pretty rough fights before, so she knew how he was probably feeling right now. He needed his open wounds tended to and a couple ice packs. She would also suggest a nice relaxing bubble bath, but she figured he wouldn’t really be for that. “Here,” she said quietly as she slung Calix’s arm around her shoulders so that she could lean on her so he wouldn’t have to try to bear so much of his own weight.

“I don’t live too far from here. At least let me clean you up and then I can dump you off at your friend’s house,” she said, glancing over at the redhead. It would make her feel better to know he was at least taken care of properly before she washed her hands of him for today. Not that she’d tell him that.

“Should I call the cops on those assholes at least?” Jocelyn asked, jerking her head back towards the guys still lying on the ground. “Or you want to keep them as uninvolved as possible?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 13 2018, 06:27 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

Calix rolled his striking green and gold eyes as he watched the other gesture to the unconscious bodies strewn across the ground, referring to the destruction that he had caused. "Never said that I was innocent," he muttered under his breath. He knew all too well that he was the one to blame in all of this. However, he wasn't the only guilty one either. Small pained groans and breathless gasps escaped his parted lips as he was pulled to his feet, feeling his legs tremble slightly from the strain of supporting his weight. "Fuck..." His fingers curled tightly into a fist, causing the tender and busted skin that covered his knuckles to throb with pain and begin to bleed once more.

He blinked his eyes in surprise as Jocelyn pulled his arm across her shoulders in order to better support him so that his sore body wasn't pushing itself too much. He felt a small sensation of heat rising up to his cheeks, but quickly tried to push down his emotions and banish the redness from his face. "Thanks," he said as he nodded his head in gratitude.

The redhead opened his mouth to protest, about to say that she had already done enough for him, but he promptly pursed his lips closed. As helpful as going to Zale to heal his wounds would be he had a feeling that the girl wanted to make sure for herself that he was alright. It was a bit annoying that she didn't seem to trust his words, but he would give in just with once. "Alright, I guess we can head there first."

At the normie's inquiry, he shook his head as a hint of fear flashing in his eyes for an instant. "No... I don't feel like being dragged into that shit storm. Besides, I would most likely get in trouble along with them. They should now know not to mess with me." Though, he wasn't going to turn down another fight if they were dumb enough to try again...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 16 2018, 11:23 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

And to think she'd left her apartment earlier to just go grab a pint of ice cream... Now, she was going to be heading back without her treat, but with an injured winged boy. Jocelyn sighed at the thought. Thank God Rose was going to be out. She didn't feel like having to explain any of this to her. That, and she was pretty sure she'd have to beat Calix's ass even more if he were to be an asshole to the other girl. That wasn't encounter she really wanted to happen. Not that she didn't think Rose couldn't take care of herself. She could. Jocelyn just didn't like the fact that a guy would talk down to her like Calix inevitably would. Jocelyn was used to it. She knew how to let this kind of thing just roll off her skin.

"You think you'll be able to walk or am I gonna have to carry you?" Jocelyn asked though she was mostly joking. She could feel Calix's body shaking against her own under the strain he was putting on it just by standing. "It's not a long walk. Though I do live on the third floor, so..." She shrugged. "Hope you can lug yourself up some stairs."

Jocelyn nodded in understanding at Calix's quick response to her question. "Okay. No cops." She didn't blame him. Getting the cops involved would just do more harm than good. "Ooh such a bad ass," the ginger haired girl said jokingly under her breath. She smirked at Calix as she took a step forward. Just the one step. Testing to see how his tired body could take it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 20 2018, 12:19 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

The light nephilim looked over at the other, raising a thick eyebrow in curiosity as she let out a heavy sigh. He felt guilt settle at the bottom of his stomach like a heavy stone. However, he quickly tried to shake off the unwanted emotion. He had bothered Zale many times to come pick him up and heal him whenever he got into a fight so he didn't see why now he would suddenly feel so conscious-stricken. "What? Did I interrupt you doing something?" He could just say that she could leave his sorry ass here and he could manage on his own, but he felt like that wouldn't turn out well...

He narrowed his eyes at the normie's jest, his eyebrows furrowing. "I can walk," he growled. "I'm not pathetic enough to need someone to carry me." At the mention of having to lug himself up three flights of stairs, he could already feel the intense strain it would put on his sore muscles and bones, but he knew that he would have to deal with it. A sigh escaped him as he ran a hand down his face, smearing the blood that caked the corner of his mouth across his palm. "I guess so..."

Calix rolled his eyes, shaking his head slightly before deciding not to respond to her teasing. He would just have to bite his tongue for now. He couldn't afford for the girl to retract her offer in helping him to her apartment due to his terrible temperament like she had threatened earlier. Noticing her taking a cautious step forward he promptly followed the motion, taking one slow step forward. Admittedly, it wasn't too bad, but it did hurt a little. He nodded his head to her, signalling that he was okay and that she could proceed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 23 2018, 03:27 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn shrugged, then immediately felt a twinge of guilt for doing so. She hoped the movement didn’t jostle Calix too much. “I was just running an errand. Nothing really important. I can do it later,” she said nonchalantly. And it was true, it could all be done later. It was nothing serious, but that didn’t stop her from feeling both annoyed and a little bummed about it.

The normie smirked at the hostile tone in the nephilim’s voice. “Okay tough guy. Let me know if you end up changing your mind.” She turned her head slightly to be able to look at him as she winked. “I’m stronger than I look.” Jocelyn knew poking at him like this was probably going to cause Calix to lash out, so she couldn’t get too angry with him if he did. Though she was curious to see how far she could go before he did so. It seemed like her remark earlier had quelled his aggression down enough for the time being. He wasn’t rising to her other baiting remarks, so it seemed like he was capable of keeping a lid on his rather explosive personality. That was promising.

She took walking slowly, though not so slowly that people would pay all that much attention to them walking by. That, and so that Calix didn’t start feeling like she was pitying him or something. Even at their pace, it didn’t take too long to reach her apartment complex. That was the benefit of living downtown. It was close to so much stuff, but the downside was that the complex wasn’t exactly the best… Sure, from the outside it looked fine, but the insides were worn and outdated. She wasn’t exactly embarrassed of her living situation, and she didn’t think Calix was going to judge or make fun of her for it, but it still made her feel strangely self-conscious. She was about to bring a boy into her home that she hardly knew. That was enough to make some people uncomfortable, right?

Jocelyn carefully shouldered off Calix’s arm, making sure he had somewhere to lean against as she opened the door to the lobby of the complex. A cool rush of air caressed over her skin as she pushed the door open farther, stepping aside to hold it open for the nephilim to pass through. “The elevator is busted, so the stairs are the only option. Sorry.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 25 2018, 10:38 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

As the girl shrugged her shoulders absentmindedly the pyromancer winced, his teeth gritting as his arm was lifted in a rather awkward position and sending pain shooting through his nerve endings. He made damn sure he didn't make any pained noises from the action. He didn't want the other pitying him anymore so than she probably was or for her to make another snarky comment. Although, he was sure that he would hear plenty more by the time she decided that she had fussed over him enough. It was going to be a long day...

Having lost himself in thought momentarily he briskly shook his head as Jocelyn spoke, clearing his mind of his doleful thoughts in order to focus on what she was saying. An errand, huh? At least he wasn't hindering anything too significant. Despite the other having offered to help him out with his current predicament he did feel the tiniest pang of guilt settle in the bottom of his stomach. Not that he would admit it of course. "I guess it's good that I'm not interrupting anything important. Though, if you need me to do a small favor I can help you out," he offered. However, right after he said that he turned his gaze on to the other and narrowed his eyes at her. Not even giving her a chance to speak. "And I'm only offering because I don't want to owe you anything later for this, you got that? I'm not doing it just to be nice."

The nephilim couldn't help but roll his eyes at the normie's comment, his expression melting away into deadpan annoyance. "I will do just fine. Just worry about your damn self," he huffed. He could already tell that she was going to try and chip away at him as he tried his best to bite his tongue until his temper flared once again. It was going to be tough, but he would try his best. How much more will I have to endure her little mind games? He thought to himself with a soft grimace.

All the while as the other made her way back to her apartment complex he tried his best to keep up, matching his pace with hers despite his unsteady gait. One of those punks had really kicked him good in the shin, but he could still manage for now. Despite having only walked down a couple of blocks his muscles were on fire. His whole lower body ached like he had just ran an entire marathon at top speed, but the thought of making it inside a safe, quiet place where he could rest kept him going. Just a few blocks and a couple sets of stairs between him and a comfy couch to lay on. At least for a few moments while the redheaded girl patched him up anyway. It was still better than nothing.

As they came up to the apartment building he allowed the other to shoulder off his arm and lean him against the wall, letting out a soft sigh as he was given a small reprieve from all that walking. He shook his head as the girl spoke, pushing himself off the side of the building before trudging his way inside the air-conditioned lobby. The cool air feeling heavenly against his torn and beaten skin. "It'll have to do. Let's just make it quick."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: May 27 2018, 12:15 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn smirked and rolled her eyes as Calix quickly backtracked his words in case he sounded too sincere or friendly. Why did so many guys feel like they had to be rude and hyper-macho? All it really pointed to was a fragile man with even more fragile masculinity... "Wouldn't dream of you ever doing something nice, Cal," she said flatly. Which made her wonder why she bothered trying to be nice to him in turn. It was fun to pick at him and get under his skin, but he was just so intense and took everything so seriously... She would have thought his behavior would have been a sign he'd never had a kind word or action in his life, but she'd met his little sister and that proved just the opposite. Sometimes an asshole was just an asshole. "And you don't owe me shit for me trying to be a decent person," she said, "but if it's going to put your panties in a twist you can buy me ice cream or something."

The normie followed the beaten boy into the lobby of the apartment complex, doing her best to avoid his wings. Even pulled against his back, the nephilim's wings were still pretty large. They just looked so damn cumbersome. She again found herself wondering how inconvenient the wings were. She'd have to ask Jackson sometime. She could ask Calix, but she figured she wouldn't get much of a satisfactory answer from him. She could almost here it now: How inconvenient is it for you to be such a bitch? Or something like that.

She returned herself to her previous position of supporting Calix as she guided him towards the stairwell at the back of the building. Her hazel eyes narrowed as she looked up the several flights of stairs they were going to have to trudge up to make it to her floor. On a normal day, the stairs weren't really a bother, but she knew this was going to be an arduous trek with an injured companion. "Third floor," she reminded him. Jocelyn looked over at Calix, careful not to turn her head so much that her face made contact with his. "Let me know if you need to take a breather or something. Okay?" Without waiting for much of an answer from him, Jocelyn took the first step, pulling Calix along with her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 2 2018, 12:59 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

Calix shifted his gaze to look out of the corner of his eye, the corners of his lips twitching downward into a deep frown as he witnessed her roll her eyes at his statement. It wasn't that he wouldn't do anything out of kindness for another person, but he wanted to make sure that his offered favor was only so that she didn't blackmail him later on. He wasn't sure if she would pull a dick move like that. Nonetheless, he wasn't taking his chances. A bewildered look rose to his features as Jocelyn told him what she wanted, cocking a thick eyebrow in an inquisitive manner. "Are you fucking serious? Ice cream?" While he wasn't foreign to running errands for ice cream or some sort of sweet, having a sister that was addicted to sweets, he hadn't expected something like that to come from the other. A sigh escaped his parted lips as he shook his head. "I guess I can do that."

He was taken by surprise as the normie resumed her previous position as he continued to trudge his way through the lobby, but instantaneously relaxed as he allowed her to support his weight once more. It was certainly a relief. He didn't think he could manage climbing the stairs all by himself in his current condition. However, like he would ever admit that to someone. The pyrokinetic lazily rolled his eyes at the other's restated warning. "I don't need a reminder," she remarked matter-of-factly. "Let's just hurry up and get this over with."

He nodded his head in silent agreement at the girl's suggestion, knowing that he was at one point going to take her up on her offer for rest. Looking up at the stairs before him he felt himself frown as he felt a pang of regret. Was he really going to make it all the way to her apartment? Taking a deep breath he relented himself to his prior decisions and took the first step alongside Jocelyn. He just hoped it wouldn't take long to got to the third floor...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 3 2018, 02:12 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Was everything Calix said so dripping with disdain? "Yeah, I'm serious," Jocelyn said matching his sharp tone. "It's what I was going to get when I stopped to help you, so I figured it would be a good reimbursement for my time." She shrugged. "I'm a simple girl with simple needs."

Acknowledging Calix's statement, Jocelyn began walking guiding him towards the staircase and up the stairwell. She paused at each landing, giving him time to rest and recuperate, before heading up the next set of steps. Normally, it was a quick trip but having to support a busted up guy while going up the steps slowed the process down quite a bit. Finally, though, they made it to the top of the stairs. Jocelyn readjusted Calix's arm on her shoulders as she walked down the small stretch of hall to her apartment door. She carefully slid out from underneath him, letting him rest against the wall again as she reached into her jean pockets to fish out her keys. It was a sparse key ring, with only her apartment key, her car key, and a key to her gun safe attached, so it was easy to pick out the right one.

Unlocking the door, Jocelyn shouldered it open to reveal the rather tacky and outdated interior. It wasn't the worst place she'd ever lived, but it definitely wasn't the best either. Man, living in Rose's parent's house had spoiled her. The apartment was just as sparse as her key ring. The only furniture was what had to be there. A single couch that looked like it had seen better days, a table that wobbled when too much weight was sitting on it, and two mismatched dining room tables. Her room was even more embarrassing, just a mattress on the floor instead of an actual bed. Luckily, Calix wouldn't be seeing that part.

Jocelyn returned to supporting Calix and guided him over the threshold into the apartment. "Welcome to my humble abode," she said with dripping sarcasm, "Be careful not to break anything. Shit cost an arm and a leg."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 10 2018, 01:26 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

The light nephilim felt a little stung by the sharp tone of Jocelyn's voice as she spoke to him, but quickly brushed it off before he rolled his green and amber eyes at her. "When people say an errand I assume it is something other than just an ice cream run," he explained, hoping to dull down the hostility a bit. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but in their current situation, he wanted as little stress as possible. "But fine. If that's what you want then I'll get it."

With each step and every climb of a flight of stairs, he felt the strain in his bones and muscles increase as the sensation changed from a dull ache to an intense combination of pins and needles and fire licking at his nerve endings. The pain held an unpleasant warmth that sparked and amplified in waves with each movement his body made, eating away at his legs and feet. It was utter torment. It wasn't anything like being cut with a knife or the throbbing sensation of being kicked. It was much worse than that. As much as he silently appreciated the fact that the redheaded female paused at each landing for him to catch his breath and allow him a few moments to recuperate from the unyielding pain it didn't do much to relieve the stinging and burning feeling that assaulted him. His usually bright and striking eyes were dull with pain and his grunts and soft moans came more frequently than he would have liked. It seemed like making it up the stairway was taking decades...

Calix let out a shaky yet relieved sigh as the other led him out of the staircase and into a long hallway, continuing to plod along and fight to keep up with her speed despite the shaking in his legs. It was even more of a relief when they finally came up to the door that he assumed was her apartment. He carefully leaned his back up against the wall that he was pressed against, folding his arms tightly over his chest as he closed his eyes. Had it really been worth it to trek all the way here when he could have had Zale come and pick him up? Well, it was a little too late for that thought now that he made it all the way up here...

Falling back into the same position with Jocelyn at his side he followed her inside of the small, dingy apartment. He fought to keep the look of disbelief and displeasure from crawling onto his features at the sight of the sparsely furnished and outdated looking living quarters. Was this really where she lived? To some, it might seem like a suitable living arrangement, but to him, it wasn't. Then again, he had been spoiled in living in an old farmhouse when he was little and the cottage that he lived in now with Melanie and his uncle Zephyr.

"Trust me, you won't be finding me moving around and knocking shit over," he muttered sardonically. Without hesitation he began to move them toward the couch, wanting nothing more than to sit down and relax in order to relieve his aching body. It sure seemed like it had seen better days, but at this point, he wasn't about to complain. It would be so much better than laying on concrete...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 12 2018, 03:11 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn could feel the tension that entered Calix’s body as he looked over the living room as the plodded in. She bit her tongue to keep back any venomous snapping she felt like doing. Her chest burned as she fought back any jabs she felt like making that would involve the words “privileged asshole.” At least Calix was polite enough not to voice his distaste. The fact that he seemed far more reluctant now than before, though was proof enough that he felt it.

The normie didn’t fight as Calix took more control of where they were going, allowing him to make a beeline for the couch. She helped him sink down onto it before taking a step back. Jocelyn stretched, letting the muscles that had tensed up in her shoulders relax again as they were now relieved from the weight that was slung across them.

“Gimme a second. I’ll be right back,” Jocelyn said as she left the living room and made her way over into the kitchen. She fished around in a drawer until she withdrew a plastic sandwich bag from inside. Opening the freezer, she withdrew the ice tray and cracked it, letting the frozen cubes tumble out into the open bag. The normie returned to the living room, set the ice bag down on the coffee table, and made her way past the couch into the short hall that lead to the bathroom. Inside there, she opened the medicine cabinet, pushing around the pill bottles and other medical supplies until she uncovered the small first aid kit she had stored inside.

With that in hand, she rejoined Calix. Jocelyn sat down on the edge of the couch, setting out the medical supplies on the coffee table. “You have anything that needs some disinfectant?” she asked, looking over at the nephilim from the corner of her eye.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 15 2018, 04:09 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

As they finally made their way over to the couch the redheaded male allowed the other to help him onto it, feeling himself sink into the rather worn yet oddly comfortable seat cushion. He heaved out a sigh as he leaned back further into the sofa. The tension in his muscles was instantly mitigated, leaving his tender body feeling rather exhausted and tremulous from having continued putting pressure on his muscles and joints while exceeding his physical limitations. However, despite how terrible he felt it wasn't as bad as climbing those flights of stairs had been. "Alright. Take your time," he spoke softly as he closed his eyes and leaned his head against the backrest, moving his arms to cross tightly over his chest. It was about damn time that he got some rest...

He fought off the urge to sleep as he sat there with his eyes closed, hearing the faint sounds of Jocelyn rummaging around in the kitchen and hearing her footsteps creak softly against the floorboards. The sound of something cracking was loud and irritable against his sensitive eardrums. He only opened his eyes when he heard something being set down on the coffee table sitting in front of him, cracking one eye open to see a plastic sandwich bag filled with ice. Don't mind if I do, he thought to himself as he reached over to grab the makeshift ice pack. Carefully, he pressed it against the bruise forming against his temple, being mindful of the coldness of the freshly made ice.

Calix's gaze shifted as the normie entered back into the living room, toting a small first aid kit with her. At her inquiry, he gave himself a good lookover, trying to figure out which one of his injuries needed immediate attention. Most of it was just bruises and small cuts, but looking at his hands made him wince. The skin on his knuckles was broken and caked with semi-dried blood. A mixture of both his and the other delinquents. The pain was a dull throb that seemed to match his own heartbeat, but it probably did need to be disinfected. "Yeah, my knuckles most likely. Just be careful, okay?" He shifted his position so that he could face her more, dropping the plastic bag of ice into his lap before offering both his hands to her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 17 2018, 09:52 AM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn rolled her eyes as she leaned a little farther back into the couch, sinking into the worn cushions. "I've taken care of wounds far nastier than anything you've got. Trust me, I'm not gonna fuck up putting ointment on a scratch."

Fuck. She forgot to grab something to clean off the wound before she put anything on it. She was falling out of practice in this... She hadn't had to tend to an injury in quite a while. In that regard, she was a little thankful now for this intrusion on her day. At least she could work on keeping a much needed skill sharp. Even if it was just taking care of simple wounds.

Jocelyn stood again, going back into the kitchen. She rummaged around in a drawer, retrieving an old clean rag that she then soaked under warm water. Wringing out the excess, the normie made her way back over to the couch. A little trail of water dribbled behind her, but she didn't bother herself about it. It would dry up in no time. Or Rose would come in and slip on the world's tiniest puddle. Either was a possibility.

Taking a seat back on the couch, Jocelyn reached out to take Calix's hand that wasn't holding the bag of ice to his head. She was careful as she dabbed the damp rag against his wounds, removing the excess blood clotting there. That job done, she placed the rag on the coffee table and grabbed the antibiotic ointment. She unscrewed the cap on the ointment and applied a little bit onto her fingers and took Calix's hand again. "It's going to sting a little, and all that jazz. I'm sure you know that already," she said. Carefully, she began to massage the ointment onto Calix's busted knuckles. Cleaned up, they already looked a lot better. It was the bruising on his face that made him look like shit. She definitely didn't envy him of any of those injuries...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 17 2018, 06:50 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

A deadpanned expression rose to the light nephilim's features at the other's remark, hastily biting at the inside of his cheek to keep any of the rude words that popped into his head at bay. He really was trying his best to keep himself in check. However, it was hard not to say the first thing that came to mind. He was too used to saying what he thought and felt without thinking twice about his word choice or the consequences that came with speaking his mind. It was certainly a hard habit to break. "I didn't fucking say that," he retorted, trying to keep the irritated tone in his voice to a minimum. "I don't know how good you are at treating injuries, ya' know. Some people don't know how to do it properly without making the wound sting like a son of a bitch."

His own words brought back an old memory, making him look down at his busted up hand as the visage floated around in his mind. It was bittersweet, but it was something he fondly thought back on. He never got along with the boys in the neighborhood and would get into constant fights, gaining him one too many injuries than he would like to admit. His mother would just shake her head as he walked back into the house before grabbing the first aid kit and proceeded to take of the cuts and bruises that he had collected. While she could have used her innate ability to heal him she preferred to clean him up the old-fashioned way. The fiery nephilim would make sure that if he had anything that needed disinfectant that she would make sure it would hurt, wanting to teach him a lesson about fighting.

"I'll make sure it hurts worse if you get into any more fights, ya' hear me?" She would often say. It had worked for a while after one of his brawls with the local boys, but it wasn't long before his temper got the best of him...

The pyrokinetic blinked his eyes in surprise, realizing he had lost himself in thought as he noticed the redheaded female sitting back down. Now with a wet washcloth in hand. He shook his head as his eyebrows furrowed deeply, mentally cursing himself for getting so lost in his own memories. "Yeah, I know," he said with a nod of his head. His green and gold eyes fixated on the other's hand as she began to rub the ointment in after washing off the blood. His arm instantly tensed up as the pain from his knuckles increased, stinging relentlessly as the disinfectant seeped into the open wound before he let out a pained grunt.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 20 2018, 06:20 PM
Jocelyn Winthrop \\
Normie
Normie
Unemployed
Fiesty

Jocelyn pulled her hands away from Calix's, finishing her job of rubbing the ointment onto his knuckles. She used the rag she'd carried over earlier to wipe her fingers of any remaining residue. "There ya go. You think you need me to bandage them, or you going to be okay with out?" She let her head tilt to the side a bit, her fiery red hair falling to one side with the movement. Jocelyn's eyes squinted a bit as she watched Calix's expression take on a dreamy and almost sad expression. She knew better than to think it was from anything she had done. Though, she wondered what he was thinking about to cause that brief moment of softness that had come to his face.

A faint jingling filled the air of the apartment that had grown silent and still. The sound made Jocelyn's normal smirking and surly expression break more into a genuine smile. She looked up, peeking over the edge of the couch to catch a brief glimpse of a massive ball of fur plodding its way across the floor and heading their way.

Nickelback appeared around the edge of the couch, his smashed face bearing a rather annoyed expression as he looked up at the two on the couch. Jocelyn didn't doubt that their talking had woken him up from one of his many naps. A croaking meow left the feline as he reached up a large, furry paw to tap the edge of Calix's shoe.

"I hope you don't mind cats," Jocelyn said, looking down at the Persian. "I can put him away if you do."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on: Jun 23 2018, 04:39 PM
Calix Holt \\
Nephilim
Nephilim
Student
Aggressive

Calix carefully flexed his fingers, a soft grimace still etched across his features as he gazed down at his hand. The stinging pain had already begun to dull and became much more tolerable. Although, he still didn't enjoy it either. At Jocelyn's question, he raised his head to look at her before shaking it softly. "Nah, it's fine. It would be a waste to use any bandages since it'll be all healed soon enough," he explained. Not to mention he didn't want to go through the pain of ripping off all the bandages after they had all been placed. It would have been such an inconvenience.

A soft tinkling sound reached his ears, watching as the other turned her head in attention to it as well. "Is someone else here?" He raised an eyebrow as a curious expression washed over his features. He did recall her mentioning that her friend was moving up here to live with her when they first met. Maybe her friend was here too? It hadn't seemed like anyone was home since no one came to the door to greet them, but he could have been wrong.

The redheaded male blinked in surprise at the genuine smile that spread across her face. It was certainly a bit strange to see it since he had grown used to that smug expression seemingly always plastered on her face, but it was rather nice... Though, he wasn't going to say that aloud. His attention was stolen away from the older female as he felt something paw at his shoe, looking down to see a cat with a thick coat of gray fur and flattened muzzle. A small collar with a small, metallic bell attached to it sat snug around its neck. Well, now he knew what had caused the jingling sound. "Don't mind me. I'm not bothered by cats." He was almost tempted to reach down and pet it but kept his hand from moving to offer the feline affection. He didn't want to accidentally rub any residue of the disinfectant onto its ruffled, thick mess of fur.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll